Saturday, September 13, 2014

Moving forward, I hope.

Last week, some how I was down 2 pounds.  Total of nine pounds.  I suspect I will gain those 2 back this week, though I have two days before official weight in so I would be very pleased if I just stayed the same.

I have been on vacation and it has been a full week.  The highlights were dinner with my friend, Ro on Monday, apple picking with Kate on Tuesday and Door County for 2 days with my friend, Judy.  Unfortunately the weather did not do us any favors in Door County.  It turned cold and rainy.  We saw the sun for only brief moments.  The accommodations that I set up were not as expected, and my planning was less than great.  Judy and I are much alike.  She told me of a trip to Mexico with friends and one of the women had every thing planned out to a T.  They saw some great things and had a great time.  But I am not a planner by nature.  I love to go places with people who are.  Still I enjoyed the company and got a few pictures to add to my collection.  The other problem we had was both of us are directionally challenged and got lost more than a few times.  Thanks to modern technology, we did not get lost for long.  By the way if anyone goes to Door County skip Washington Island.  The ferry ride was nice.  And perhaps if we had, had time to take the boat ride to the smaller island it would have been good, but Martha's Vineyard is was not.

When I woke up this morning at home,  I felt lost.  I knew where I was, but had no idea where I was going.  I looked around and the house looked O.K.  Not a lot cleaning I to do.  I have plans for tonight and tomorrow, so it wasn't a lack of activities to look forward to.  I just felt directionless.  So, I sat down and made out a todo list.  Not just for today, but added some projects I need to complete.  I felt better.  I accomplished a few things on the list.  I made a new recipe for grainless apple breakfast cake.  Turned out not too bad.  I think I will be eating it the rest of the week for breakfast.  Then I took a nap.  I find I am napping a lot but it has to do more with this directionless feeling than anything else.  The sun was out earlier and I should have been too.  I have always said that I will have no trouble finding things to do when I retire, but if this semi retirement is any indication I might be wrong.  Perhaps, I just need to give myself a little time and a little space.






















No comments:

Post a Comment